A beautiful mind.
iPhone 8 introduces an all‑new glass design. The world’s most popular camera, now even better. The smartest, most powerful chip ever in a smartphone. Wireless charging that’s truly effortless. And augmented reality experiences never before possible. iPhone 8. A new generation of iPhone.
The most durable glass ever in a smartphone, front and back. A color‑matched, aerospace‑grade aluminum band. New space gray, silver, and gold finishes.
- Water and Dust Resistant: Precision‑engineered to resist water and dust.
- Wireless Charging: The glass back enables easy wireless charging.
Retina HD Display.
A Retina HD display that’s more beautiful than ever. With True Tone, a wide color gamut, and 3D Touch.
- True Tone: True Tone technology automatically adjusts white balance to match the light around you. For a better viewing experience in all kinds of environments.
- Brilliant Colors: With a wide color gamut and the best color accuracy in the industry, everything on the screen looks more brilliant and vibrant.
- Wide Viewing Angles: Dual‑domain pixels give you a great view of the screen from almost any angle.
The world’s most popular camera. Even better.
iPhone 8 Plus has a wide‑angle camera with an ƒ/1.8 six‑element lens, optical image stabilization, and a larger, faster 12MP sensor. It also has a powerful ƒ/2.8 telephoto camera. Together these two cameras enable optical zoom and Portrait mode.
- Optical Zoom: The wide‑angle and telephoto lenses on iPhone 8 Plus enable optical zoom, as well as digital zoom of up to 10x for photos and 6x for videos.
- Front‑facing camera. Focus on yourself.: With Retina Flash, wide color capture, advanced pixel technology, and auto image stabilization, the 7MP FaceTime HD camera shoots selfies that stand out.
A11 Bionic: The most powerful and smartest chip ever in a smartphone.
Introducing A11 Bionic. With four efficiency cores that are up to 70 percent faster than A10 Fusion. And two performance cores that are up to 25 percent faster.
- Apple‑Designed GPU: The new Apple‑designed three‑core GPU is up to 30 percent faster than A10 Fusion.
- Augmented Reality: A11 Bionic powers extraordinary augmented reality apps and games that will change the way you see the world.
Wireless charging for a wireless world.
With no charging cable required, iPhone 8 Plus is truly designed for the future of wireless.
- A Wireless World: Charge with wireless charging stations and mats in hotels, cafes, and airports around the world.
Advanced security at your fingertip.
With Touch ID, your fingerprint is your secure password. Use it to instantly unlock your phone and sign in to many of your favorite apps. Touch ID also enables Apple Pay, which lets you pay in stores, within apps, and on the web. And later this fall, you’ll be able to send and receive money in Messages.
iOS 11: A giant step for iPhone.
iOS is the most advanced, intuitive, and secure mobile operating system in the world. It’s designed to help you get the most out of iPhone.
EarPods. With a Lightning connector.
iPhone 8 Plus comes with EarPods that have a Lightning connector. But if you still want to listen through your old headphones, you can plug them in using a 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter, also included.
- Display Size: 5.5 inches (~67.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
- Display Type: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Protection: Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- Wide color gamut display
- 3D Touch display & home button
- True-tone display
- Primary Camera: Dual 12 MP, (28mm, f/1.8, OIS & 56mm, f/2.8), phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, quad-LED (dual tone) flash
- Camera Features: GeoGeo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Video: 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps
- Secondary Camera: Yes, 7 MP, f/2.2, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Chipset: Apple A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture
- CPU: Hexa-core (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral)
- GPU: Apple GPU (three-core graphics)
- Embedded M11 motion coprocessor
- System Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Internal Memory: 64 GB storage
- Card Slot: No
- Alert types: Vibration, proprietary ringtones
- Loud Speaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Headphones: EarPods with Lightning Connector (Lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter included)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network: LTE
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (Apple Pay only)
- USB: Yes, v2.0, reversible connector
- Sensors: Touch ID Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Messaging: iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- Browser: HTML5 (Safari)
- Radio: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Java: No
- iCloud cloud service
- Document viewer/editor
- Image viewer/editor
- Audio: MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
- Video: MP4/H.264 player
- Battery Type: Non-removable Li-Ion 2691 mAh battery, Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Fast Battery Charging: 50% in 30 min
- Qi wireless charging
- Talk Time: Up to 21 hours on 3G
- Internet use: Up to 13 hours on 3G
- Wireless video playback: Up to 14 hours
- Wireless audio playback: Up to 60 hours
- Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant: Rated IP67
- Touch ID: Fingerprint sensor built into the Home button
- Dimensions: 158.4 x 78.1 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 202 g
In the Box
- iPhone with iOS 11
- EarPods with Lightning Connector
- Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter